Dear Lily // Thoughts during MCO

3:26 PM


Dear Lily,

Hey there, it's been a while.

So many things have happened since I last wrote in. Or rather, since 2020 started.

Before I knew it, it's already mid-April. Crazy how time flies.

I just want to check in and say that although so many things have happened this year, you are going to be okay. Everyone is going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay.

Yes, you have a case of career-itis.

Yes, things are happening in this world, some of them sparking unwanted chain reactions in the process.

Yes, you feel guilty when you cannot help everybody, even when you want to. 

Yes, some days are so quiet you are forced to think things that day-to-day busyness usually masks.

But I see you.

I see you stepping bravely into the forest deep within yourself, asking questions and growing from the answers.

I see you taking initiative to grow: courses, podcasts, books, videos. You grew from the silence, drinking up from as many sources of knowledge you can find.

I see you, despite having a hazy future, clinging on to the faith that God knows best. 

I see you, trying to be a better person, for yourself, for the ones you love.

And I am so proud to be you.

Love always,
Lily

PC: fotografierende (Pexels)


You Might Also Like

2 comments