Wedding Planning Thoughts

11:45 AM

 


Hey there. It's been a while since I last checked in. 

In fact, the reason why I decided to write on this platform again is because of my dear friend who said she secretly checks my blog for updates every once in a while (if you see this, please say hi ;) ).

So yes, I've been engaged since 27 November 2021 and have been wedding planning for a month before, after we passed PMC counseling.

The wedding date is in April so it's been pretty hectic with only 7 months to lock down everything.

The truth is, I've been pretty burnout from the whole planning experience to the point I just wish everything to end soon. I'm pretty indecisive + wedding planning requires multiple decisions to be made = recipe for frequent burnouts. 

But at the same time, I also realize that this is a once-in-a-lifetime moment. It is a period of sweet transition from couple life to married life. If I were to be honest, the organizational freak in me loves wedding planning and getting things done in spreadsheets, one check at a time. 

Josh told me that while I focus on planning the rest of the wedding, I should also rest and remember how far we've come. Indeed, God has guided us throughout this wedding planning process, and I'm in awe at how things worked out the way they had. Praise the Lord!

I'm also very grateful for loved ones to remind me that what matters most is not which color palette you choose, or which dress you wear, but that at the end of the day, you will be married before God and in the presence of your loved ones. 

Although decisions still have to be made, somehow it makes it easier to remember the day is in God's hands and nothing is more important to Him than seeing both His children being united in love. 

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

You Might Also Like

1 comments