To Future Us // Stay True To Your Purpose

4:15 PM



In the blink of an eye, it's the end of university life. After years of studying, it's time to reflect on where we are headed next.

I personally coped with the transition by creating photobooks to summarise precious memories, wrote a letter to future me on FutureMe, and jotted down goals that I wanted to achieve in life.

Undoubtedly these are exciting times. Whether we want it or not, it's time to fully embrace what it means to be an adult ie paying bills, making investments, starting a family etc.

Adulthood may seem like an additional burden. However, life is always a choice of attitude. We can either choose to take it as another stressful phase of life or enthusiastically accept the challenge as we forge our own unique paths in life.

Life will be hectic from now on. Sometimes, we will be so caught up in work that we forget to listen to ourselves.

We need to consciously know that we have a choice every day to either live without passion or to find joy and a sense of purpose in everything we do.

Above all, do not live life blindly. Question yourself every once in a while: am I where I want to be? If not, am I on the right path towards it? Am I doing work that is fulfilling to me? Am I spending enough time with the ones that matter?

To all my friends, I wish you all the best in wherever you go in the future. Always remember that life is tough, but we are stronger. Keep growing, keep learning, and keep believing.

The world needs more people that consciously choose to live purposefully.

The world needs you.

PC: Enrico Perini (Pexels)



You Might Also Like

2 comments